Matrix was one of the most amazing movie which talked about the reality first time in most unusual and amazing way.
Our day to day life has tremendous impact on our living. I mean to say on our mental stability. We get easily affected with minor things. Either we get excited and happy for good things happening and we get sad, depressed, angry, agitated because of some unexpected even expected bad things.
Why we are so much affected? and just not affected but we always try to get rid of the pain and misery in every possible way.
Because if you see the examples of the spiritual masters or saints you will find their life was not simple. I will give just few known examples here.
- Jesus: we know how he was physically even mentally tortured. still his final words are ” Father forgive these children, they don’t know what they are doing.” what kind of insane mercy is that?
- Ramakrishna Paramhansa: He had throat cancer because of which he died. he had literally a hole through his throat. immense pain but he was never seen sad because of it. he was always guiding his disciples even though he was not able to speak.
- Sai baba: He healed so many people in his life time. He lived like a Fakir. but he never used his spiritual or will power to heal himself.
And there are many more examples like this.
Do you see the common factor in all these three examples?
- no one complained about their pains or suffering,
- No one used their will power to stop it. That means no one is interfering in the happening. Yes they tried all materialistic medical and other solutions to their problems but thy never used their own will powers or spiritual powers to heal or help themselves.
- Most of the spiritual leaders or gurus lived life like begger or fakir or without much materialistic things still they seem to be happy and satisfied all the time.
I have some questions here
HOW they could be so calm and stable in the misery and pain ?
WHY we cant be happy and satisfied even though we have much more? We always crave for more and more and never get satisfied. WHY so?
What is the difference in between them and us?
The biggest question of mine is:
DO THEY LIVE DIFFERENT REALITY?
Now the actual tricky part will come. This is from the Advait Vedanta. A Hindu scripture thousands of years back. There are many Upanishads which explains the Advait Vedanta. Here I will try to explain the things as per the Mandukyopanishad
According to the Mandukyopanishad the reality is mainly divided into 3 parts. Yes there can be many different level and different kinds of realities. But it is mainly divided into three portions.
1. Lower reality– It is nothing but the dreams we see in sleep or the imaginations we do. In the dream state or in a deep imagination state we witness whatever happening in the dream or in our imagination. For that time being we live that reality. We are affected by the things happening in the dreams and our deep imaginations.
2. Awaken reality– It is the reality where we live our normal life or day to day life. When we get up from our sleep state or a dream state the kind of life we live and experience is the awaken reality. Everyday business like brush, bath, work, love, drive and all so many things are part of this reality. All the stress and pains and happiness and love we experience in our day to day life is also the part of this reality.
3. Higher state reality– Most of us never experience this kind of reality or we experience for very short time. This is also called as turiyaavastha or enlightenment. Where the person knows that he is not at all affected or attached to anything around. He is Brahmin himself or the final truth himself. He is everything and he is nothing as well. He is detached and different from every physical and mental reality which we live in day to day life.
Lets ty to imagine this kind of reality because we have never or hardly few times experienced this kind of reality.
I hope you have understood these three stages or three types of reality. Then only we will move forward.
Lets take one example.
Suppose you are sleeping and you are in to the dream state. Now someone is trying to kill you or you are falling from the mountain in your dream. you are going to be very scared in your dream and you will try to get rid of it so badly. But the moment you get up from the dream.
Suddenly you wake up and open your eyes. Then you come to know oh!! that was the dream. That means after waking up, reality for you has been changed. You are no longer worried about the dream and what was happening. Now you are free from the fear you were experiencing in your dream. You will just laugh at it and think that it was just the dream. Hushh!!!!!
Now we will try to push the same example further.
The way you woke up from sleep and came in to the awaken state. In the exact way when you will get up from the awaken reality into the enlightened reality. Which is even higher reality or dimension than our day to day life reality. Whatever we suffer or experience the happiness or pain in the current awaken state has no importance into the enlightened mode of reality. like you don’t give any importance to the dreams when you are awaken from the sleep.
So here one thing is clear that we don’t care about what happened in to the dream when we are awake, sililarly we wont care about whatever is happening in to the day to day life when we will be in to the more high reality which is known as enlightenment.
I hope you have now idea how different realities make us feel good, bad, happy sad and all feelings.
In this scientific ways or terms I will put the reality is as the dimensions. As the Physics says if you acquire the higher dimensions state you are more free. Like the body living in the two dimensional state will be more free then the body living into the single dimensional space. And the body into the three dimensional space is more free than the body living in two dimensional space. I think it applies in our reality is as well.
Our dreams are kind of two dimensional thing. When we are awake we are living in the three dimensional space. Even though there are more dimensions around us, it is difficult to perceive these dimensions physically. But when we see these extraordinary people I feel its definitely possible to achieve those dimensions either one way or other.
Now one of the question people ask. I have also asked the same question above. Why people from higher reality don’t interfere in the lower reality? it is said that saints and spiritual people avoid to interfere in to the karmas or day to day life activities. then why?
The answer is already explained above and most of the people must have got it, still one more time I will put it below.
When you are experiencing some dream while sleeping, your sleeping body doesn’t try to wake u up forcefully. It is relaxed, resting. It doesn’t try to save you from the death or any kind of misery whatever you are experiencing in your dream state. In the same way when a person is in enlightened state or experiencing the enlightened reality, he doesn’t interfere in the Karma or the happening into the awakened state of reality. He doesn’t bother at all. so that’s why who is living in to the enlightened state of reality is not much concerned about his awaken state or the day today life what we experience.
He lives physically in this daily life, or awaken reality. But he perceives it from very different dimension or from very different perspective. The way dream state reality doesn’t affect the awakened state of reality in the same way the awakened state of reality doesn’t affect the enlightened reality. And that’s why this enlightened people or sends have ability to just watch whatever is happening in the life. Generally they don’t try to change any course of life at least their course of life.
Main thing is fear and insecurity we experience. When u r awake from dream then your fears and insecurities from dream world or reality ends. In the same way when you wake up from the Day to day life to higher state these fears also end. fears like poverty, loosing loved one, insults, anger everything becomes meaningless or unimportant.
How many realities are there?
There are many levels of realities. But majorly they are divided into three as said above.
Like when we were children our reality was different. We had importance for our toys for our chocolates. We experienced the pain when somebody took our toys or if my toy is broken. but now I am at some different reality because of the my knowledge and the experience I earned. That’s why whatever I did in the childhood, I feel it was very funny. Even though I remember that I was crying so badly because somebody broke my toy. Now the reality has been changed for me so I just laugh at it and I don’t give much importance to it. So that is how every moment and every day gives us the different state of reality.
only with the knowledge and experience we can go to the higher state of reality.
Why we don’t go to higher reality?
When you are dreaming about your amazing romantic love story or success in career or any good thing, you never want to wake up. When you wake up from such beautiful dream, you feel like why did I wake up!!! it was so Amazing dream.
But when the dream is exactly opposite and very scary, deadly and you suddenly get up then you feel relieved. You feel it’s better that I woke up.
In the same way when awaken reality or day to day life reality which we experience is going quite easy, happy and smoothly. You are not at all interested to know about higher reality.
That is why everybody around us is almost enjoying the awakened state or day to day life reality. They don’t want to know about what is real enlightenment state.. But when they will face a tremendous misery or pain then at that time they will try to find out the way to get out of this misery or continuous pain. At that time the spiritual journey of the person starts. That’s why most of the spiritual Giants like Buddha or Tukaram Maharaj came on this path after seeing the misery in their own life. Or fears they had. When they thought ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Now I need to find certain permanent State where nothing can disturb me.
Obviously all this is my own thought process so I might be wrong at many places. But I am trying to understand the beauty and essence of Advaita Vedanta.
Explaining all this things into words is very difficult but I am trying to put everything as simple as possible because I am also dumb person to understand these terms. Am sorry if I am not clear enough.
…. Mayur the lone wolf.
Next part of the Reality -1